Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Lipouts and forgiveness

Fri, Jun 25 2010 5:07 PM (23 replies)
  • darkage47
    57 Posts
    Fri, Jun 25 2010 11:07 AM

Just wanted to bump this thread because I feel it really needs to be looked into. Yes, I've been having alot of lipouts lately LOL.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jun 25 2010 11:14 AM

Me too, darkage. But the more they happen the more I understand why they happen. Speed, speed, speed.  The graphic rendering might lead you to believe the speed is right and the putt should have dropped but 99% of the time I lip out I have a 2-3 foot return. Tells me I hit it too hard.

Sure as hell doesn't feel better knowing this, though-they just lip out less now.   ;-)

• darkage47
    57 Posts
    Fri, Jun 25 2010 3:28 PM

Thanx YJ, but I'm actually talking about the size of the cup. Earlier in the thread it was pretty much proven that the cup is a little too small. Which could be the reason for so many more lip outs. I know we all strive for center of the cup....bbbbuuuutttt...some forgiveness would be nice ;)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jun 25 2010 5:07 PM

LOL-I suppose there's an argument there but we're talking graphics, not the actual math. If every shot here is a math calculation then what we see will never be as accurate as the numbers. Besides, my lipouts would just occur 1/4"  further away, or an 1/8th" if you split the resize equally on both sides of the cup. Or something like that......  :-D

RSS