skip nav

Forums

Re: Who will have the last word?

Thu, Sep 19 2019 8:00 AM by shoop. 7,688 replies.
  • craigswan United Kingdom
    14,944 Posts
    Tue, Jun 11 2019 11:54 PM

Harrods sells car parking spaces near its Central London shop for £225,000 each.

Digg
    Delicious
    14,944 Posts
    Thu, Jun 13 2019 1:45 AM

I find that a great part of the information I have was acquired by looking up something and finding something else on the way.

Digg
    Delicious
    14,944 Posts
    Thu, Jun 13 2019 1:48 AM

In 2007, to honour their partnership with the local NFL team Seahawks, the Seattle-based Jones Soda released a range of soft drinks in flavours including sports cream, dirt, and perspiration. They also considered jockstrap flavour.

Digg
    Delicious
    14,944 Posts
    Fri, Jun 14 2019 12:52 AM

Half the DNA collected on the New York City subway system does not match any known organism.

Digg
    Delicious
    14,944 Posts
    Fri, Jun 14 2019 12:52 AM

The inventor of the Rubik’s Cube didn’t realise he’d created a puzzle until he scrambled it for the first time, and couldn’t put it back together for over a month.

Digg
    Delicious
    14,944 Posts
    Fri, Jun 14 2019 12:53 AM

Benjamin Franklin proposed to “rearrange” the alphabet in the United States, removing the letters C, J, Q, W, X and Y.

A similar thing was proposed over here by William Pitt. He wanted to remove a,e,i,o and u from the alphabet. It was known as his irritable vowel syndrome.

Aktually

Digg
    Delicious
    14,944 Posts
    Fri, Jun 14 2019 12:53 AM

WORD OF THE DAY: ILUNGA - a Tshiluba word meaning “to forgive mistreatment the first time, tolerate the second time, but never a third time.”

Digg
    Delicious
    14,944 Posts
    Fri, Jun 14 2019 12:54 AM

George Stephenson invented both the steam train and the cucumber straightener.

Digg
    Delicious
    14,944 Posts
    Fri, Jun 14 2019 12:55 AM

According to a recent survey, people who view a glass of water as "half full" are more likely to use Twitter and those that see it as "half empty" are more likely to use Instagram.

Digg
    Delicious
  • HenryKawa Canada
    1,152 Posts
    Fri, Jun 14 2019 9:06 AM

Hello Craig,

Whats happening?  I'm only here today and then gone again.  

Just traveling, cottaging, fishing, hunting, partying, visiting, and having a great time.  What else is there to do when you are a person in great shape, good looking multimillionaire and retired!  Unfortunately married.  lol.  I have to take my wife along and carry a big stick to beat off all the ladies that are constantly chasing after me.  I'm not sure if its my good looks, great body or money that they are after.   Probably my intellect.

(wonder if the new Henry can ruffle any feathers with that statement.  LOL).

Talk to you again in a month or so.  Have fun.

Your best friend,

Henry.

Digg
    Delicious
RSS