Forums

Help › Forums

Re: StoneCold's Putting Clinic

Mon, Sep 24 2018 2:25 AM (96 replies)
  • Ezzy123450
    209 Posts
    Sun, Sep 4 2016 7:55 AM

Hello,

Although I am not a great putter (Average is coming up, but started VERY bad) ...

I have three points to add:

1.  When looking at putt distances, go to reverse mode and move the pointer towards the ball and back to you (Overshooting the hole in each direction).  This helps to understand both the actual distance (24ft or 24.7??) and the elevation (you may find that a -2inches is closer to -3)

2.  On severe downhills, rotate the view around.  Sometimes you can find the straight line ... this can help to see how much break to put on the ball to get into the straight roll into the hole.

3.  go to YouTube and/or Twitch and watch some of the better shooters (fmagnets, young46, etc.)  you can learn a lot when you see how they handle longer putts.  Sometimes this is better than watching putting tutorials showing someones "method"  Also, don't forget you can always pause & rewind to calculate how you would make the shot ...

p.s. great thread :)

Cheers,

Ezzy

• Dougie4042
    4,399 Posts
    Wed, Apr 19 2017 3:21 AM

'Cause Stone Cold says so!!

• craigswan
    30,805 Posts
    Wed, Apr 19 2017 4:13 AM

I find my putting is always better when I take my pants off .

• whank
    1,020 Posts
    Thu, Apr 20 2017 8:43 PM

Tanks for the tip

• micheldess
    819 Posts
    Tue, Jul 11 2017 11:49 AM

Thank you all for the tips, that will help a lot of players

Sadly for me i read all, but still don't understand all the technich. My english is too weak or my brain don't work good enough

So, the constatation is after 117 levels of play i still can't putt, even my approach now don't work good

On wgt you can have $16 000 of earning  and are only average player

• DonW468
    2 Posts
    Mon, Sep 24 2018 2:25 AM

Practice makes perfect at all, so grab the chance :) 

RSS