Forums

Help › Forums

Re: StoneCold's Putting Clinic

Mon, Sep 24 2018 2:25 AM (96 replies)
  • dyashpal
    286 Posts
    Sun, Feb 2 2014 12:28 AM

VERY WELL THOUGHT OUT & PRESENTED GUIDELINE.

I PRINTED IT AND HOPE TO 'LIVE & LEARN 'CAUSE MY PUTTING REALLY LETS ME DOWN.'

THANK YOU

• downse
    49 Posts
    Wed, Feb 5 2014 3:20 AM

One of the most important tips that needs to be reinforced is that unless its a straight putt with no break, you should never try to ding it.  It's already been stated in the guide, but if you can grasp this concept, your putting will increase tremendously.

• rdharuba2
    240 Posts
    Wed, Feb 5 2014 4:51 AM

totally wrong help

• stevenharkin
    1,921 Posts
    Wed, Feb 5 2014 6:58 AM

downse:
    you should never try to ding it

Every1 is different matey..just because miss ding works for 1, don't mean it'l work for all.

If a newcomer was looking for advice i'd say try line you're putts and ding, it will give you more satisfaction, therefore more enjoyment from the game. However, if it didn't work out for ya with this method, then surely try the miss ding puttin approach as it maybe slightly easier to master.

• downse
    49 Posts
    Wed, Feb 5 2014 9:10 AM

Yar, to each be their own, ya horn swogglin' scurvy cur!  I don't care how they sink!  Just as long as they reach Davey Jones' Locker.  But thanks for yer tale, matey!

• rollone
    769 Posts
    Fri, Feb 28 2014 3:58 PM

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Feb 28 2014 4:24 PM

stevenharkin:

downse:
    you should never try to ding it

Every1 is different matey..just because miss ding works for 1, don't mean it'l work for all.

If a newcomer was looking for advice i'd say try line you're putts and ding, it will give you more satisfaction, therefore more enjoyment from the game. However, if it didn't work out for ya with this method, then surely try the miss ding puttin approach as it maybe slightly easier to master.

Ding or not to Ding....  that is the question....lol

Actually good advice for the newbies not sure about the satisfaction though.

I'm a miss the ding putter....  In my early times it was aim and ding, but I couldn't get the hang of where you aim... how far or less.  Then I tried to miss the ding after reading something...  that was not good at the start.

Kept on flip flopping between the 2 styles....  after awhile i thought missing might be good.   So I stuck to it.   Now after a few years, I might not be the best putter...  but not bad too.

Either way....  Stick to one style because the more practice you get the better you will be.

-Roger

• skunkyone420
    173 Posts
    Fri, Feb 28 2014 5:07 PM

mantis0014:
    Ding or not to Ding....  that is the question....lol

I never ding my putts . the ONLY time I try to ding is if its like a 5 or 6 ft completely straight putt.

• dsrosem
    1,556 Posts
    Sun, Mar 9 2014 6:27 PM

Thank you Stoney for your generous post. I've read it before and always reread when I feel like my putter hates me. I just wanted to give my thanks to you for taking the time writing this well thought out post.

Rose 

• micheldess
    819 Posts
    Sun, Aug 3 2014 12:29 PM

I can't putt... all the time on the left or the right side. I'm the kind of player  who can have on 18 holes 18 possibility's of birdie and only make 5.

I have the distance control  with the putts no problem with that but can't find the line and i  know i have no hope for that.

Some are very good other very bad... i'm very bad.

RSS