Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Clear your cache button

rated by 0 users
Thu, May 27 2010 3:52 PM (2 replies)
  • Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Thu, May 27 2010 2:22 PM

Every time there is an update the forums are flooded with cache related problems.

Being that a very small amount of the community reads and writes in these forums it is safe to say that there many members saying "WTF" and never coming back.

A clear your cache button with explanation on your profile page might help this.

Happy hitting

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Thu, May 27 2010 3:46 PM

It's been discussed, but I imagine there may be some challenges with Security Software (AVG, Norton etc) that prevents a web-based application from modifying or re-writing browser settings.  We will start advising cache clearing in the after-update news posts that go up.

• mefitz
    372 Posts
    Thu, May 27 2010 3:52 PM

How about a pop-up page, like I`ve seen a few times when logging in? They`re usually about new features in the pro-shop or special deals, etc..

When ever there is an up-date, it would instruct you to clear the caches as soon as you log-in. This would also be helpful if someone hasn`t played for a while and wasn`t aware of any up-dates since the last time they played. There`s also the fact that you would have to click on the x-out to go any further, thereby eliminating the "no-one told me!" situation. This would leave only the obstinate few to deal with ;).

RSS