Forums

Help › Forums

Re: cant chip,putt

Wed, May 26 2010 4:08 PM (7 replies)
  • zachskare21
    2 Posts
    Tue, May 25 2010 7:43 PM

i dont know if its as hard as it is for me as for everyone else but i cant seem to get on the green and 1 putt or even 2 putt for that matter so it makes the game not even fun so anyone have any tips thanks

• andypat
    453 Posts
    Tue, May 25 2010 9:51 PM

check out the FAQ section on the right will help alot

• 4nSpy
    11 Posts
    Tue, May 25 2010 9:53 PM

zach, what you have left out of your post is how long you have been playing this game.  It is by far the most comprehensive and challenging golf game that I have ever played on a computer.  And yes, I have played all the EA Tiger Woods versions.

I recommend that you do what serious golfers have to do...practice.  Play a bunch of practice rounds so you can get a better feel and understanding of the courses.  This will also get you better at your timing and distances with all your clubs.

Do this...before commenting back, play at least 9 practice holes a day for the next 10 days.  Then come back and tell everyone if you still feel the same way.

Good luck and remember...its only a game...have fun     :)

• rehill
    431 Posts
    Tue, May 25 2010 10:04 PM

andypat:

check out the FAQ section on the right will help alot

Nivlac's guide to putting. Very informative guide to putting. Read it once or twice, then go out and practice everything that you learned. Remember speed is the key to a good putt. Make sure you check the speed of the green and the elevation change, then try to putt your ball with the appropriate speed. Good luck =)

Rehill

• kotez
    53 Posts
    Tue, May 25 2010 10:16 PM

rehill:
    Nivlac's guide to putting. Very informative guide to putting. Read it once or twice, then go out and practice everything that you learned. Remember speed is the key to a good putt. Make sure you check the speed of the green and the elevation change, then try to putt your ball with the appropriate speed. Good luck =)

120% agreed rehill, mrWGTniv helped me with my game alot, sorry andypat, that one just isnt as descriptive, i need to do my golfseeker h/cap, and only just got me a new computer, mine crashed on me the other night

• andypat
    453 Posts
    Wed, May 26 2010 12:03 AM

need to do my golfseeker h/cap, and only just got me a new computer, mine crashed on me the other night

Kotez no need to put in 3 cardsnow, just go there and take part in comp's and cm will give you a prov h/cap to start.

• zachskare21
    2 Posts
    Wed, May 26 2010 3:53 PM

no i completely understand practice makes perfect ive been playing a few days just some of the shots i dont quite get like i put more power on a chip and it came up 20 yds short

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Wed, May 26 2010 4:08 PM

Hi Zach,

Try having a look over the Chip & Pitch Guide that was written by one of our players.  Many have found it helpful.

RSS