Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Wind...

rated by 0 users
Mon, Apr 13 2009 8:54 AM (4 replies)
  • UsefulShot
    3 Posts
    Tue, Mar 24 2009 8:52 PM

Does the wind actually affect any of your shots? From what I have seen so far it really doesnt do anything to the ball flight. Anyone have any input?

• ncviz
    527 Posts
    Tue, Mar 24 2009 9:26 PM

With the recent update... Yes the wind definitely is back in force. You won't see much from a 4 wind or below, but above 5 it moves the ball a good bit. I'm glad to see it back, maybe we can start putting more skill back into the game.

• tomab
    517 Posts
    Wed, Mar 25 2009 1:57 AM

I think wind is still somewhat casual.

On #14 I had 12 mph from right. Wind took the ball 3* length of flagpool to the left on perfect hit.

On #17 with 10 mph from left wind had no influence at all.

Tom.

• papabear10
    4 Posts
    Wed, Mar 25 2009 9:52 AM

ok.........someone PLEASE  explain, before: if you had 129 to the green, and a 4mph wind at your  back you could use  a 8 iron =125+4mph wind =129!!

thats not how it works with these winds over 10/11/12.........mph. you cant add or subtract .........i know i am a old old man...........66yrs old and i am not tooooo bright but please help me to understand these winds...........please!!!

papabear10

• Nikullis
    8 Posts
    Mon, Apr 13 2009 8:54 AM

Easily the biggest drawback of this game. Countless time you will have a 7-10mph hour that has little affect on your shot, and the then next hole there is a 3mph wind and it adds 10-25 yards to your shot/club selection. It is very inconsistent. Another point of concern is that the Wind does not act naturally in this game. There is a preset value that will steer your shot automatically to the left or right depending on the wind which REALLY REALLY SUCKS. Ie. If you were to aim directly at the pin and hit it perfectly for a 3-7mph wind, your ball will automically take off to the left, whereas REAL WIND will change direction MIDFLIGHT. Gotta make some adjustments, it is far too frustrating in tournaments to lose strokes to this.

RSS