Help › Forums

Re: Balls VS. Putter for precision

rated by 0 users
Tue, May 18 2010 12:54 PM (5 replies)
  • SystemCrash
    209 Posts
    Sun, May 16 2010 9:47 PM

Hi all...

Like many here, I have a lot of struggles with putting. Not because of miscalculation (I have a pretty good Cartesian mind!) but because of my hand/eye.... well you know! When I ding it, it normally goes where I want more or less.

To cope with this, I decided to buy the putter I believe to be the best one, the Daytona. I saw the improvement right away. But I was using upgraded balls back then. As soon as I returned to the Starter ones, I got no better results than before when I was using the Anser. The SD are the ones I normally buy, as I use the spin a lot. As you can see there's nothing about the precision.

What I just want to know, is it just me or there's a 'hidden' better precision with the balls in the pro shop?

(It's probably just me! loll)

Happy golf everyone...

Rob!

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Sun, May 16 2010 10:35 PM

Hi Rob,

Precision is only a stat category for clubs, not the balls.  In terms of precision all of the balls will perform exactly the same.  The real benefits of upgraded balls are the extra distance, spin and feel which slows down your meter speed for all clubs.

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Mon, May 17 2010 3:31 PM

So according to nivlac, it's all mental! Hah... go figure.

• AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Tue, May 18 2010 11:57 AM

WGTniv:

Hi Rob,

Precision is only a stat category for clubs, not the balls.  In terms of precision all of the balls will perform exactly the same.  The real benefits of upgraded balls are the extra distance, spin and feel which slows down your meter speed for all clubs.

niv, here's a crazy question.

Will the extra-distance ball roll farther on a 10 ft hit than the starter ball? Does the extra distance go across the entire club spectrum, even the putter?

• ComplexP
    250 Posts
    Tue, May 18 2010 12:42 PM

I reckon my balls would lose to my putter

1,644 Posts
    Tue, May 18 2010 12:54 PM

AlaCowboy:
    Will the extra-distance ball roll farther on a 10 ft hit than the starter ball? Does the extra distance go across the entire club spectrum, even the putter?
    As far as I can tell the ball properties have Zero effect on putts.

RSS