Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Z satin TP pro wedge pitch shot

rated by 0 users
Mon, May 17 2010 10:20 AM (7 replies)
  • mrboo
    211 Posts
    Sat, May 15 2010 4:58 PM

So whenever I pitch my wedge^ ... when I do reverse angle it goes to a full shot reverse angle not a typical pitch shot view. No close up zoom of the hole, very annoying. Could we get a fix on this please? Or is it meant to be this way?

• AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Sat, May 15 2010 5:23 PM

mrboo:

So whenever I pitch my wedge^ ... when I do reverse angle it goes to a full shot reverse angle not a typical pitch shot view. No close up zoom of the hole, very annoying. Could we get a fix on this please? Or is it meant to be this way?

After you click Reverse, then click "chip" for a good view. Just remember to click back to "full" or "pitch" before hitting.

• mefitz
    372 Posts
    Sat, May 15 2010 5:30 PM

My experience with this is, I need to take a club rated longer than the distance to the hole. Otherwise I get the "zoom" rather than the "reverse" angle.

It`s an extra step and a pain, considering that most of these short shots, I`m using a shorter club than the actual distance to hole. On the other hand, alot of times I switch to the putter because it gives a reverse view And a full "club to hole" grid which helps me to visualize the shot better for the "landing zone" and any other bounces and rolls the ball might take before reaching the hole.

Hope this helps...btw, what ever happened to the "bird campaign"? I`m still a supporter of it :).

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Sat, May 15 2010 9:35 PM

AlaCowboy:

After you click Reverse, then click "chip" for a good view. Just remember to click back to "full" or "pitch" before hitting.

This wouldn't be a good idea because once you line things up, switching between different shot types may have different distance increments...

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Sun, May 16 2010 2:29 AM

There is a Aerial Multi-Cam (enable in the Options) that gives different views depending on where you are on the hole.  Look for those cameras in Zoom/Reverse mode on the hole map lower right of screen.

Joey

• mrboo
    211 Posts
    Sun, May 16 2010 7:46 AM

Yes i know there are multiple other ways to do it. It would just be nice if it worked the way it's supposed to.

• smason77
    464 Posts
    Sun, May 16 2010 8:44 PM

Learn the flop. Forget about pitch shots.

I rarely use the pitch. Flop shots are much more accurate and bite sooner. You just have to aim a few yards left of the stick.

JMO. I'm hardly the greatest player on here but i'm pretty good IRL and I almost never use the pitch shot. To me it's a wasted wedge.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, May 17 2010 10:20 AM

mrboo:

Switch to putting view, look around backwards and forwards, figure out where  you're aiming and then switch to your wedge for the pitch.

RSS