Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Gotta make you cry!

rated by 0 users
Fri, May 14 2010 6:54 AM (4 replies)
  • GoldCard
    298 Posts
    Thu, May 13 2010 3:15 PM

The 3 foot putt on the 18th felt like a 30 footer. :)

Then after finishing with a 27 I find myself in 2nd place because another player shot 27 as well but finished earlier than me.

I know that is the rules but surely there wouldn't be that many times a tie with 2 x 27's would occur and wgt could afford to pay out 2 x 1st places in Ready Gos?

Certainly was an anticlimax to the great feeling of shooting what to me at least was the perfect round.

Now I need a 26 to be sure of 1st lol

Photobucket

• rehill
    431 Posts
    Thu, May 13 2010 4:24 PM

I may be wrong, but I believe the payout is like this:

Since you guys both tied for first, the first place and second place money is added together and divided by two. More information on that here.

Great round nonetheless!!

Rehill

• jeffdos924
    1,085 Posts
    Thu, May 13 2010 4:28 PM

rehill:
    I may be wrong,

That is wrong, rehill. There can only be 1 first place, determined by tie-breakers .. the other player would then win the 2nd place payout. I've done the first-place tie thing before (on the wrong end...lol)

• GoldCard
    298 Posts
    Thu, May 13 2010 5:10 PM

jeffdos924:

rehill:
    I may be wrong,

That is wrong, rehill. There can only be 1 first place, determined by tie-breakers .. the other player would then win the 2nd place payout. I've done the first-place tie thing before (on the wrong end...lol)

Yes that is normally correct but in this case 2 of us both shot 27 which in my case was birdie on every hole and probably the same for the other player.

Impossible to get a winner by tie breaks in that case?

I believe that this one was first in first served unfortunately.

These exact situations must be a bit unusual is why I believe exceptions should be made regarding payouts:)

WGT is a business I agree but how often would this happen?

1,644 Posts
    Fri, May 14 2010 6:54 AM

Actually, any combination of an eagle occurring after a par on the other persons scorecard would have beaten your all birdies...

*edit* but looking at that players news feed that doesn't appear to be the case here... just the time that got you.  We all have the same rules, so I would say no, no exceptions.  Having been on both sides many times I know how you feel, but there is always the next one...

RSS