Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Mulch Monster !!??

rated by 0 users
Thu, May 6 2010 6:46 AM (4 replies)
  • Travbchiln
    38 Posts
    Thu, May 6 2010 6:21 AM

Cant even believe what just hapnd ! My best single-play tourney round ever wuz sabotaged . 12 birdies, 5 pars and one big fat quad bogey ! In the mulch on the par 5, n2- w/ good lie. 15%. took trying one of everything to get the hell out. I guess ive been luky enuff to avoid the mulch until that point, or unluky> to not have known how to play it.. .. Im going to tank 100 balls n there to see whats up but Id luv sum tips.. ?

Peace out

Trav

• cyl6
    347 Posts
    Thu, May 6 2010 6:35 AM

That happened to me too. I actually WD from the tourney I was in when it took me 6 shots to get out. I think it's just an error in the lie. It's not 15/20, it's more like 80/90. If presented with a similar situation, I would take my 64 degree wedge, use the punch shot, and hit it about 3/4 and hope it stays on the green somehow.

It also seems to be unique to that hole. Mulch lies in other places at Kiawah play like they are supposed to. Since my "incident" I am extra careful to make sure I'm not that long at #7.

GL, sounds like you just got really unlucky.

Clarence

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, May 6 2010 6:40 AM

There's a solution. "Mulch" in the search box gets you this....

http://wgt.com/forums/p/5958/36414.aspx#36414

• Travbchiln
    38 Posts
    Thu, May 6 2010 6:42 AM

Word up ! Thanks fellas. 

Trav-el

• jbenny11
    863 Posts
    Thu, May 6 2010 6:46 AM

tbc, i'm guessing #7 kia. is. got you. best way to deal with this is don't panic, 15-20% mulch you can hit full shot with sand wedge add about 20 yds. you will be a little past hole but worst case it's a bogey 90% par. 30-40% mulch is the one that kills, then you need to take more club and use punch shot. the key is you must get it out in one try. thx JB           p.s. nice rd. with a quad.

RSS