Help › Forums

Re: The Open 2012: Royal Lytham St Anne's

Mon, Jul 9 2012 12:52 AM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • AGArgent
    343 Posts
    Sat, Jul 7 2012 7:33 AM

stevenharkin:

the open must get the best telly coverage of any other sporting event  in the world..if i were you brysoni id put the feet up in the house..nothing worse watching live golf in shocking weather..i did it at celtic manor 4 ryder cup and it was a complete shambles

<...best telly coverage...in the world.> Except in the US where the network that has the contract to cover it, (for the last few years anyway), in it's profoundly infinite wisdom and it's displaying of cutting edge sports journalism, tape delays it's broacast of THE OPEN in order to air it later in the day for better ratings and even then the idiots at said network edit it so as to give us a broadcast of one of the most prestigious sporting events in the world as a chopped up, maddening mess. A sort of a condensed, streamlined Disneyland approach. Oh,wait, I forgot, they own Disneyland. ABC/ESPN - incredibly shameless group of punks. Can you imagine getting a tape delayed Super Bowl or a World Series? And true to form, they'e doing the very same thing right now with the Wimbedon Women's final. It's being played right now as I type but is going to be aired stateside this afternoon. Incredible.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sat, Jul 7 2012 8:37 AM

Serena won. 

• oilyrag
    875 Posts
    Sat, Jul 7 2012 9:57 AM

? it's been on espn all day

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Sun, Jul 8 2012 4:26 PM

AGArgent:
     tape delays

Amazing Disgrace!

It'll be the same with the Olympics.

Tape delay in sports is evil on some metaphysical level. Incredible that the licensors (Olympics et al.) don't forbid this kind of desecration. The whole point in watching sports is that it could happen this way or that, but when it's happened it can't not happen. 

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Sun, Jul 8 2012 6:12 PM

Tape delay just puts us in the awkward position of having to tell friends not to talk about the event/game that just finished... 'cause we don't want to know how it turned out until we watch it.  

"WWIII is underway... it is on tape delay and we'll bring you all the action tonight at 9:00."

• Coonhacker
    41 Posts
    Mon, Jul 9 2012 12:52 AM

I'm with most of the other people here brysoni, get kitted up and you butt down to the course and watch the best tournament in the world.

I remember watching The Shark win in the rain a while back.  It was nice to see the pros playing in the same weather that us average players have to contend with on our weekend outings with our friends.  Play in the rain or don't play at all.

Take a flask of tea and just think how good the pint and a pie will taste there after.

• PAGES
RSS