Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Game Stopped during Match Play Challenge - lost credits?

rated by 0 users
Sun, May 2 2010 11:19 PM (3 replies)
  • bryanthornton
    5 Posts
    Sun, May 2 2010 5:26 PM

Hello,

I hosted a match play challenge, and an anonymous player joined. We had a very close match. We were All Square through 9 holes at St. Andrews. I had a par put for the last hole to keep us AS through 9 holes. Once I hit, I hit the ball perfectly; and the game froze. After a few seconds, the meter at the bottom of the screen went away. This is where I began with taking these screen shots:

I tried submitting the bug... but it didn't work. It just sat there spinning for more than 20 minutes. I had to close the window.

So, I then took a screen shot, to show how many credits I had. I had 176 total cc.

Well... then the game just froze. I had to close all of the window(s). and open up the browser window again. Once I did that, It shows that I am missing the 90 credits that we played for, during the Match Play Challenge. It says that I lost because I did not finish.. out of time.

That is not what happened at all. I hit the ball, and the game froze. nothing happened. There is no doubt, I made the last put. And that would have made the match All Square. Yet I still lost the cc. 

Please, can somebody explain how a tie match, you still loose cc's? And might I add, this was my first time playing one of these matches. Had a blast, except for the Sna-foo of the game stopping.

If the game goes to a card, on an AS match, then I understand the loss. My appt. beat me on the score card. But, if we should be playing more holes... then I feel ripped off. I want my CC's back!  Arghhhhhh.

Any help from anyone, is appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Bryan Thornton

ps - I love this game! Golf 4ever!

• bryanthornton
    5 Posts
    Sun, May 2 2010 5:29 PM

doesn't look like my screen shots are showing up in the above thread.

Sorry... Not sure what to do about that either.  lol

• jcs89
    172 Posts
    Sun, May 2 2010 7:43 PM

Hey bryan,

there is currently a bug in St. Andrews matchplay which occurs on hole #9.  This has happened to me on 3 occasions, all of which would have or potentially would have gone extra holes.  The games freezes just as your avatar is about to hit the ball. 

What you should have done, if you had known, would be to close the game window and then go directly(within 5 minutes) back into the game.  It would have given you the option to continue your current matchplay and then would have started you on extra holes (#1). The 5 minute time limit expired on you and it gave you the loss. WGT is aware of this bug but apparently has not found the fix.  It happened to me earlier today. I know that does not make you feel anybetter about losing your credits, however.

• bryanthornton
    5 Posts
    Sun, May 2 2010 11:19 PM

Thnx for the information. Had I had known to close the window, and then open it up again would have given me the option to continue... Maybe I wouldn't have lost them.

I appreciate it.

Does this happen on any other courses, other than St. Andrews? -that you may know of

RSS