Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Want to buy a spider putter

rated by 0 users
Thu, Apr 29 2010 1:13 PM (8 replies)
  • akash809
    2 Posts
    Wed, Apr 28 2010 4:37 AM

Hi I just turned pro and want to buy a spider putter,but it shows the cost is 400C for tier hack,what is the cost for tier pro.is it different or it is just the same??pls help

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Wed, Apr 28 2010 11:10 AM

Believe there is only 1 spider.  Usually a tier rating means you need to be in that tier to purchase, like Master Ping G-10 irons.  Hack rating would mean you need to be at least a Hack to purchase, therefore anyone can purchase. Consider the Daytona instead of the Spider, pricier but much more accurate.

• griffygriff
    597 Posts
    Wed, Apr 28 2010 11:45 AM

Akash, i got a spider as soon as i turned pro and 2 weeks later i got the Daytona. The spider is a better putter than the one your using now, but  you should hold off buying it and go  straight to the Daytona,.... you'll end up buying it somewhere down the line anyway. My spider putter is in my bag where it will stay (correction i sold it back to wgt, as you will )

• mrboo
    211 Posts
    Wed, Apr 28 2010 5:06 PM

i bought a spider and still putt as bad as i did with the default putter....don't waste your money.

• SextonBW
    12 Posts
    Wed, Apr 28 2010 7:38 PM

The Daytona is definetly the way to go...increased my putting percentage alot..alot.

• andypat
    453 Posts
    Thu, Apr 29 2010 2:48 AM

I have tried both spider and Daytona and the later is much the better putter I would persevere until you can offered the Daytona

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Thu, Apr 29 2010 8:43 AM

for all the enhanced putters the Spider is the poorest. The Ping Anser is a batter choice. The only thing the spider has going for it is the slower meter. If you wait until you make pro go for either the Redwood or the Daytona. Both have high precision and almost as much forgiveness. The Redwood had a faster meter while the Daytona has a slower meter. 

• AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Thu, Apr 29 2010 8:46 AM

I tried the Spider for 3 weeks, sold it back for a loss and bought the Redwood. Very pleased.

• DWAYNE66
    250 Posts
    Thu, Apr 29 2010 1:13 PM

i had the spider  for 2 weeks i liked it untill i got the daytona putter for 750cr .i sold the spider back to them .and i wished i never got it .if you want a good putter  get the daytona its mor cr but worth it .hope this helps

RSS