Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Hitting against the wind or towards the wind..

rated by 0 users
Sun, Apr 25 2010 2:16 PM (3 replies)
  • qbblitzer05
    20 Posts
    Sun, Apr 25 2010 5:05 AM

This is a tip that everyone i think should practice because it works.. when your hitting against the wind compensate 1 yrd of club power for every 4 mph of wind. for example, if your hitting into the wind, trying to hit the green and put the ball close as possible to the hole and you are 145 yrds from the flag and got wind coming towards you at 21 mph. divide 4 into 21 that equals 5 with an extra ft so hit it at 150 yrds use your spin to compensate the left over depending on if its uphill or downhill approach.. use same approach when hitting into wind just vise versa.. be wise at club selection and strength of meter.. Thanks to wgt for such a great job providing us a great game to play..

• Fuzzygazz
    1,469 Posts
    Sun, Apr 25 2010 8:37 AM

Nice tip there but you didnt mention the type of ball. I would think different type balls would vary the distances.  F. Gazz

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Sun, Apr 25 2010 10:12 AM

True Fuzzy  the tour sd ball i use is about 20 yards longer than balls with no added distance and around 10 yards longer than balls with 1 dot on distance. Also the amount of back spin you put on the ball has an effect also.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Apr 25 2010 2:16 PM

Better yet, if you miss on the side if the wind you can straighten the drive out. A 20 mph crosswind can be offset by hitting on the wind side exactly on the first mark to the side of the wind. Fact. Try it.

RSS