Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Making the switch

Thu, Jul 22 2010 2:04 PM (3 replies)
  • neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Sat, Apr 24 2010 7:46 AM

Gonna pull the trigger and make the switch to GI-SD balls from GI-2D balls.  The meter is only a hair faster and been doing ok in some practice rounds.  Question to other users, how do you find the distances on the GI-SD with Master G10's with the different spin options.  I have already noticed some serious back spin with the wedges, whrereas the old ball I used really checked or back up like a foot or 2 at the most.

• vanceesharp
    12 Posts
    Sat, Apr 24 2010 11:00 AM

Neil, I don't have the master clubs but I did notice that the GI-2D last much longer (provided you don't lose them of course). Let us know how it's going with the new balls.

• Fuzzygazz
    1,469 Posts
    Sun, Apr 25 2010 9:22 AM

Some real big differences  neil..hate to sound like a broken record prac...What also helped me were friends who play those. Nice to have a group you can exchange info with.

gazz

• vanceesharp
    12 Posts
    Thu, Jul 22 2010 2:04 PM

vanceesharp:
    Neil, I don't have the master clubs

Now that I do own the Taylor master set, wedges and putter. I've switched to the GI-3S vapor trail balls. I no longer need distance but more spin. They slow the meter enough that I can ding the meter more often. These are really a great item to have in your bag!

RSS