Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Can't use the Master driver I purchased

rated by 0 users
Thu, Apr 22 2010 6:25 PM (6 replies)
  • Ozzie11
    4 Posts
    Thu, Apr 22 2010 2:54 PM
    Hi, Bit confused, bought a Master driver after reaching Master tier with my avg. score being 65.31 and WGT won't let me enter any games with it in the bag. Does my score need to be lower or something else I don't know about? Appreciate the help.
  • WGTadmin
    1,166 Posts
    Thu, Apr 22 2010 3:23 PM

if you entered a tournament as an Pro and then advanced to Master and purchased a Master driver, you cannot use that new driver in the tournament you entered in a lower tier, since it would be unfair to compete with Master level clubs from the Pro tees.  To compete in that tournament, you'll need to re-equip your bag with clubs that Pros are eligible to use.  In all future tournaments that you enter as a Master, you will be able to use Master clubs.

• Ozzie11
    4 Posts
    Thu, Apr 22 2010 3:26 PM

Cheers for the quick response, makes sense.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Thu, Apr 22 2010 3:27 PM
    This comes up alot. I always wonder if guys with the new big stick are looking to take advantage of others or if it's all pure innocence???
  • Ozzie11
    4 Posts
    Thu, Apr 22 2010 3:53 PM

Ha ha, nah just innocence this time... didn't know that you stay in the tier you enter a comp in regardless of moving up tiers.  Though shorter holes and a big stick would be sweet.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Thu, Apr 22 2010 5:39 PM

Being a pro with a Rapture driver in hand is Heaven. Being a Master with a G10 or R9 is just buying a job. The fun is forever gone.

• Ozzie11
    4 Posts
    Thu, Apr 22 2010 6:25 PM

Bit tougher for sure but have played a few rounds and really liking the driver with the added element of danger on the drive.  The Rapture just seems a little too easy on the drive to land it exactly where you want it... though smacking a fairway bunker with the R9 is not always appreciated! 

RSS