Forums

Help › Forums

Re: What Courses Do You Want?

Mon, Jun 11 2018 4:33 PM (151 replies)
  • Astros318
    1 Posts
    Sun, Dec 24 2017 5:02 PM

I'd like to have the following courses

1)  Royal Links (Las Vegas) -- they mimic courses used in the British Open rotation

2)  Winged Foot

3)  University Club (Baton Rouge) OR TPC Louisiana (outside of New Orleans)

5)  TPC Sawgrass

6)  AUGUSTA NATIONAL (DUH!)

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Thu, Dec 28 2017 8:02 PM

All the CTTH courses they have on here in full stroke play format ...

Plus ....

Royal Lytham & St. Annes

Royal Birkdale

Royal Troon

Carnoustie

Augusta wouldn't hurt my feelings ... and of course ...

Oakmont back on here ...

Whistling Straits like WGT media said we were going to get ...

Did I miss any ?

• SlicedPepper
    796 Posts
    Sat, Dec 30 2017 8:10 AM

donsprintr:

Plus ....

Royal Lytham & St. Annes

Royal Birkdale

Royal Troon

Carnoustie

Oakmont back on here ...

Did I miss any ?

Great courses all. Would love to see any of those here.

As much as it pains me to say, I highly doubt we will ever see Augusta, especially after the Oakmont debacle. Nor would TopGolf be willing to pay the price for the right to use those courses.

• nitramgoht
    289 Posts
    Sat, Dec 30 2017 4:53 PM

Maybe TopGolf should contact Jack Nicklaus ask to use one or two of the 299 courses by Nicklaus Design Co.  I'm sure he would be delighted to help promote golf to the masses, as well as, his courses.  Who knows, maybe he throw a bone to TopGolf, and allow them to use the courses for a minimal fee.  True Buckeye, thanks Jack N. be well.

Go Buckeyes!

Tobias

• mossbacker
    103 Posts
    Mon, Jan 1 2018 12:20 PM

There will NEVER be a new course added... when TopGolf purchased WGT our newest courses (Chambers, Erin, and uncompleted Pebble Beach), were close enough for government(WGT) work to be released. 

The only game additions we will ever see will be fluff like ball effects that garner a few credits.   

• thepack52
    219 Posts
    Wed, Jan 3 2018 8:15 AM

SlicedPepper:

donsprintr:

Plus ....

Royal Lytham & St. Annes

Royal Birkdale

Royal Troon

Carnoustie

Oakmont back on here ...

Did I miss any ?

Great courses all. Would love to see any of those here.

As much as it pains me to say, I highly doubt we will ever see Augusta, especially after the Oakmont debacle. Nor would TopGolf be willing to pay the price for the right to use those courses.

not super famous, but Tree Tops in Gaylord,michigan,and the Bear in Traverse City

• MrFunnyWobbl
    894 Posts
    Sat, Jan 20 2018 2:17 PM

It would help if topgolf just put in some damn more courses. Not PGA tour courses, but decent, regular courses. topgolf is big entire that they should be able to leverage the size of this game to get smaller courses to let them shoot there, and perhaps even help subsidize the cost of shooting the course. 

Everyone wins, WGT can advertise new courses, players get something new, and the courses in the game can use WGT to boost their advertising profile. I know this is much more complex than I am simplifying it to be, but it would say it is realistically doable if topgolf put's the right team of lawyers and marketers/operations together to finesse some agreements with courses. You have to figure topgolf/callaway has more leverage than some small courses, and probably most big courses. They need to start going to course quantity vs course quality. Don't all have to be PGAtour courses. Pick Web.com courses or good courses from best of X state's courses. 

• amb1923
    223 Posts
    Wed, Jan 24 2018 9:23 AM

MrFunnyWobbl:

It would help if topgolf just put in some damn more courses. 

That would require TopGolf giving a crap about this game. I see no recent evidence of that actually being the case

• newcastleb
    1,813 Posts
    Wed, Jan 24 2018 10:40 AM

amb1923:
    That would require TopGolf giving a crap about this game. I see no recent evidence of that actually being the case

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Wed, Jan 24 2018 12:05 PM

Mirage  Golf course    in Quebec  Canada  would be nice .   Cost nothing to dream .

RSS