Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Just made Pro..Clubs??

rated by 0 users
Wed, Apr 21 2010 9:43 AM (4 replies)
  • oldryno
    20 Posts
    Wed, Apr 21 2010 12:07 AM

Greetings WGT.Just made pro and was wondering bout thoes shiney new pro clubs..I have a set of beginner Burners.Spider putter..Taylor made silk 54* wedge.. Would a better driver be my next move?Any suggestions?? Thanks for the help...

L8R Oldryno

• resozv
    895 Posts
    Wed, Apr 21 2010 12:13 AM
    For the meter & forgiveness: Ping Rapture V2 Pro 9.5 For accuracy: Ping G10 9.5 For distance: TaylorMade R9 TP 9.5 For price: Tour Pro 9.5° Driver It all depends what you like best. They'll all put it down the fairway well.
  • andypat
    453 Posts
    Wed, Apr 21 2010 3:51 AM

have just purchased the rapture v2 v.nice club I would suggest that you rent a couple and see how you go.

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Wed, Apr 21 2010 7:04 AM

If you plan on taking this to master tier and plan on buying master tier clubs when you get there, word to the wise is, start using faster meter clubs now.  If you go with Raptures, they are easy to hit, forgiving, lacking a little on accuracy, but when you upgrade to master equip the meter will be a harsh learning curve.

For Pro, a good driver is a plus, just think 20-30 yds further down the fairway puts you into better birdie range and gives you a few eagle opps.  Wedges are just as important in my book, as well as a putter.  I gave up the spider for the daytona.

• oldryno
    20 Posts
    Wed, Apr 21 2010 9:43 AM
    TKS for your input and advice...See ya on the green
RSS