Forums

Help › Forums

Re: WGTLS

Sat, Mar 16 2019 7:36 PM (36 replies)
  • SkeeterZ71
    171 Posts
    Tue, Apr 20 2010 2:15 AM
    I just wonder if the chat program is some sort of IRC Scripts/Bots? If so that is the most likely cause of the hosting problems. If that is what the chat program is, check the new host's TOS to make sure it won't be a problem.
  • bard0g
    3 Posts
    Tue, Apr 20 2010 7:14 AM

hey mark , I can't tell u how much enjoyment your ladder brings to me! And like everyone else here I'd be more then happy to donate to the cause!  

Mark  Heath ....

bard0g@att.net 

• mwh65
    63 Posts
    Tue, Apr 20 2010 8:22 AM

Guys thanks for the offers of donations but it is my intention for WGTLS to remain free to use and free from adverts and spam farmers.

To keep you up to date anyone now going to www.wgtls.co.uk should be seeing a slightly changed message ...

WGTLS is still CLOSED but this is the new location :)

The new hosting is in place and emails are now working. If all goes to plan WGTLS will re-open tomorrow (Wednesday 21st April).

Skeeterz wrote "I just wonder if the chat program is some sort of IRC Scripts/Bots"

It is similar to an IRC client but the backend uses a database and wasn't being blocked by the hosts.

• mwh65
    63 Posts
    Wed, Apr 21 2010 12:19 AM

Finally after 4 days of closure WGTLS has re-opened its doors, with new hosts and hopefully a better end user experience.

As before there may be teething problems. If you see something that isn't working please copy the error and paste it into a topic so I can trace the problem.

As I'm sure the players who turned up for the It's a Knockout tourney last Sunday will vouch for, WGTLS became un-responsive to the point it actually crashed the old hosts server. It took over an hour before I could actually log into my admin panels, something I never expected considering the monthly cost I was paying to the hosts.

Still not to worry, WGTLS has moved on. Thanks to everyone for your patience and see you on the fairways, or in my case the rough, fescue or bunkers !!!

• Matafact
    17 Posts
    Wed, Apr 21 2010 3:16 AM

Glad to see WGTLS back up and running!!! 

• Ecco2
    28 Posts
    Fri, Mar 15 2019 1:31 PM

Hi Mark,

Hey its been a while but sure hope there is someway to resurrect this site. I know so many people I still play with would love to have it back up. If its money, I'm sure that can be done. I as you still have many previous lists of names. (you much more than I) My email address is roybdaman@gmail.com. Please let me know. Id be happy to help in anyway possible as I'm sure many others would as well. We talk about it all the time in ALT matches. 

Best Regards,

Roy (Ecco2)

• TDHarvey
    433 Posts
    Sat, Mar 16 2019 7:36 PM

Ecco2:

Hi Mark,

Hey its been a while but sure hope there is someway to resurrect this site. I know so many people I still play with would love to have it back up. If its money, I'm sure that can be done. I as you still have many previous lists of names. (you much more than I) My email address is roybdaman@gmail.com. Please let me know. Id be happy to help in anyway possible as I'm sure many others would as well. We talk about it all the time in ALT matches. 

Best Regards,

Roy (Ecco2)

Roy,

Yes, Yes, Yes. I agree 100% would love to see this. Count me in if its money. 

TDHarvey (Tom)

RSS