Help › Forums

Re: Practicing with free balls

rated by 0 users
Fri, Apr 30 2010 5:38 PM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Fri, Apr 30 2010 8:24 AM

OMG... I remember swiping balls from the local driving range when I was a kid... in broad daylight 'cause the back portions of the range were over a crested hill.  My friend and I would load up and claim that the balls had sailed over the side fence.  Then we'd turn them into the owner and he'd pay us a penny a ball.  In short order he caught on to us, however.  From there we graduated to sneaking onto private golf courses.

• TaterNater
    545 Posts
    Fri, Apr 30 2010 8:47 AM

i have used the 10 cent spin and dist balls for the longest... been experimenting with higher priced ones here lately and haven't really gotten a tremendous improvement.. with that said i believe its all about ur approach into the green and ur putting ability that lowers ur score. unless u need a slower swing meter imo the 10 centers are just fine depending on ur need.....

• rbeto241
    16 Posts
    Fri, Apr 30 2010 10:35 AM

hello can anyone help me i just became a master and running into fast meter is there anyway to slow down the meter just a little. have purchase new driver maybe that why the meter is fast,what ball will slow it down ty

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Fri, Apr 30 2010 10:43 AM

The balls WGT sells with the number "2" in their name slow down the meter by a lot.

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Fri, Apr 30 2010 1:15 PM

I play my rated rounds with the tour-sd balls and practice and play most CCTH games with the bx-d ball.

• MurrayT
    1 Posts
    Fri, Apr 30 2010 1:19 PM
    I find it irritating that the game arbitrarily decides when my ball is lost. I don't lose balls on computer games. It's not like I have an opportunity to look for it. If I can lose balls I'd like the opportunity to throw all my clubs into a pond.
  • micklen
    221 Posts
    Fri, Apr 30 2010 1:34 PM

MurrayT:
    I find it irritating that the game arbitrarily decides when my ball is lost. I don't lose balls on computer games. It's not like I have an opportunity to look for it.

I do have to admit that irks me somewhat as well.  Especially if it's a new one

Mick

• smason77
    464 Posts
    Fri, Apr 30 2010 5:38 PM

MurrayT:
    I find it irritating that the game arbitrarily decides when my ball is lost. I don't lose balls on computer games. It's not like I have an opportunity to look for it. If I can lose balls I'd like the opportunity to throw all my clubs into a pond.

Then you'd have to pay for new clubs! lol

• griffygriff
    597 Posts
    Fri, Apr 30 2010 7:03 PM

Doublemochaman:

OMG... I remember swiping balls from the local driving range when I was a kid... in broad daylight 'cause the back portions of the range were over a crested hill.  My friend and I would load up and claim that the balls had sailed over the side fence.  Then we'd turn them into the owner and he'd pay us a penny a ball.  In short order he caught on to us, however.  From there we graduated to sneaking onto private golf courses.

You had me at OMG

• PAGES
RSS