Help › Forums

Re: Week 16 Free multi round Open

rated by 0 users
Fri, Apr 16 2010 10:01 AM (8 replies)
  • TallAcePaul
    1,455 Posts
    Fri, Apr 16 2010 3:07 AM

Hi WGT

I just went and played the above tournament. The course set up I got was blue tees on the back 9 at Black Beth, high winds and very fast greens. Is this correct because the first round was Kiawah, from the short tees. just seems a very big change and the opening screen tended to suggest that it would be Kia both rounds.

Paul

• geordieles
    516 Posts
    Fri, Apr 16 2010 3:30 AM

i got the same paul played it just in case its correct

• TallAcePaul
    1,455 Posts
    Fri, Apr 16 2010 3:42 AM

Same here but its just not the way they normally do things and I wonder if someone had a bit of finger trouble. If it is changed back then I would like another go as the back 9 on Beth with nasty winds is at least 4 shots harder than the back nine off short tees at Kia.

• salamii
    1,058 Posts
    Fri, Apr 16 2010 4:14 AM

Yes I believe this is a mistake. It should be Kia, multi-rounds are always on the same course. All second round scores should be reset. Anyone who has played this setup should be able to replay the round.

• ncviz
    527 Posts
    Fri, Apr 16 2010 4:19 AM

I voiced my displeasure when they started the 1st round a few weeks ago like this. Of course that was 2 rounds at the same place at least.

Part of this is them thinking we want variety I suppose, but it's the wrong way to go about it IMO.

Putting St Andrews in the premium multi I get. Definitely puts more people in the running for credits. But the free multi is really minimum credits. Just keep it on the red/white tees. Going back to the blues makes it like every other tourney we have played, no sense there.

I wouldn't hold your breath on scores getting reset, no going to happen and really shouldn't, it is what it is, just have to deal with it. Just needs to be addressed for future tournies.

• TallAcePaul
    1,455 Posts
    Fri, Apr 16 2010 4:58 AM

It does actually say on the intro to tourney, 2 rounds on the Kia course. I'm not too bothered if it is the same for everyone, feel a bit sorry for the am' and hacks though coming from a competitive course and set up to bloody difficult.

• imcoola
    228 Posts
    Fri, Apr 16 2010 7:52 AM

TallAcePaul:

I'm not too bothered if it is the same for everyone, feel a bit sorry for the am' and hacks though coming from a competitive course and set up to bloody difficult.

isn't the Free Multi now a Tier based Tournament? Or did I get something wrong? It was a torunament for all players but now it is a Tier based tourney afaik

• mreddy
    895 Posts
    Fri, Apr 16 2010 9:50 AM

How did I get stuck with the back 9 at Bethpage Black instead of The ocean coarse ?

• WGTadmin
    1,166 Posts
    Fri, Apr 16 2010 10:01 AM

Hi all,

Thanks for the feedback.  Next week the multirounds should be back to normal.

RSS