Forums

Help › Forums

Re: The pausing meter is turning birdie putts into bogeys

rated by 0 users
Tue, Apr 13 2010 6:46 PM (9 replies)
  • doublebogeyer
    15 Posts
    Tue, Apr 13 2010 7:55 AM
    You're ready to click in the middle then the damn thing stutters and pauses just before. I've had quite a few easy 3ft birdie putts get spoiled because of this. If i catch it stuttering further from the middle i'll leave it swing by but sometimes its too close. Other players I talk to during games really complain how their meter does that too. And they say its been going on for many months now yet wgt continues to do nothing about it. Whats causing this stuttering meter error bug and why does wgt continue to ignore fixing it?
  • WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Tue, Apr 13 2010 12:45 PM

Hi DoubleBogeyer,

We experienced a memory leak issue and issued a patch overnight last night to fix it.  Performance should be back to normal today.  Whenever there's a global issue like this that severely impacts performance across the board then fixes are prompt and easy to take care of and as you can see, the issue was not ignored.

Unfortunately, the sporadic meter issues that occur for some players are usually unique to that users setup and naturally those problems can be harder to take care of since they are not global.  We have said many times before that we will continue to address and improve performance to decrease those sporadic issues for those players and we thank you for bearing with us.

In the meantime I'd suggest clearing your Flash/Browser caches and trying a few of the performance tips on my profile.  They may help you quite a bit.

• SkeeterZ71
    171 Posts
    Tue, Apr 13 2010 2:30 PM

Unfortunately, the sporadic meter issues that occur for some players are usually unique to that users setup

That is such a crap response. How about changing the word "some" to "ALL". I have never met a player who hasen't experienced meter problems frequently. WGT has to quit blaming our operating systems and setup and fix the problem! This problem is not unique to just "some" players. I know good and well WGT staff experiences the same meter problems the rest of us do. Don't try and deny it!

Can you tell I just got metered and my ball went out of bounds? Pisses me off.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Apr 13 2010 3:43 PM

SkeeterZ71:
    I have never met a player who hasen't experienced meter problems frequently

Hi, Skeeter, nice to meet you. (Guess you can't say that anymore now because we've met.) I don't have meter problems frequently, just once in a while and usually because I'm playing too fast. That is what "unique to the user's setup" means. It was a problem on my end. 

You may have issues unique to your setup and a lot of places to get help getting them right. Nobody's blaming anything on anybody here-they're just facts. There's a solution if you ask for specific help.

If I remember correctly, WGTNiv plays (or played) on a system he cobbed together that didn't even have a cover on the case, or something like that. Listening to him might be a good start.  :-)

• doublebogeyer
    15 Posts
    Tue, Apr 13 2010 5:00 PM
    Good to hear they're not ignoring it. Wasn't sure if it was stuff going on with my computer, but when others mentioned pausing too figured it was more. There's another thing I've noticed when starting a game, seems to take longer than others and they're complaining or leave before it starts. Sounds like the progress bar maybe loads all the maps instead of cache versions. I'll try the clearing cache suggestion.
  • doublebogeyer
    15 Posts
    Tue, Apr 13 2010 5:18 PM
    I noticed if I right-click on flash on the wgt page there's an option to "toggle debugout memory usage" but it doesnt seem to do anything. Whats that for?
  • doublebogeyer
    15 Posts
    Tue, Apr 13 2010 6:15 PM
    Cleared my cache and started a game of each of the 3 courses. After the first time it should load quicker? The 2nd time Bethpage 18 took 90 seconds. Is that normal?
  • rehill
    431 Posts
    Tue, Apr 13 2010 6:16 PM

YankeeJim:

SkeeterZ71:
    I have never met a player who hasen't experienced meter problems frequently

Hi, Skeeter, nice to meet you. (Guess you can't say that anymore now because we've met.) I don't have meter problems frequently, just once in a while and usually because I'm playing too fast. That is what "unique to the user's setup" means. It was a problem on my end. 

You may have issues unique to your setup and a lot of places to get help getting them right. Nobody's blaming anything on anybody here-they're just facts. There's a solution if you ask for specific help.

If I remember correctly, WGTNiv plays (or played) on a system he cobbed together that didn't even have a cover on the case, or something like that. Listening to him might be a good start.  :-)

Make that two people with few meter issues.

• doublebogeyer
    15 Posts
    Tue, Apr 13 2010 6:25 PM
    Tried Bethpage 18 again and it took 45 seconds. That sounds more like what it takes the others.
  • doublebogeyer
    15 Posts
    Tue, Apr 13 2010 6:46 PM
    Its still stuttering. The pause just caused me to miss a 1.5 ft par putt and got the yips award. Sounds like there's nothing I can do to fix this. Oh well.
RSS