Help › Forums

Ryder Cup 2010 - USA WIN !

Sun, Nov 21 2010 8:46 PM (538 replies)
  • seveking
    983 Posts
    Sun, Apr 11 2010 4:55 AM

DISCLAIMER: This tournament is not sponsored by WGT

WORLD         U.S.A

12.5                                  15.5

ALTERNATE HOLE

BolloxinBruges/Werksux  vs.  AvatarLee/Infinito3010 USA 1UP

JulioMoot/Geordieles  vs.  Ahudd/Lilrob88  USA 2 AND 1

Pricehcs/Claremoreblue vs.  Priestess/Portsd WORLD 1UP

Coolswing/Shagar  vs.  Nickolijj/Dud_doodle  DRAW

Angelotti20/Craiger85  vs.  Kam4122/Gladstonescrewer USA 1UP 

AvatarLee/Coolswing  vs.  Iconian/Jakestanfill7  USA 3 UP

BolloxinBruges/Jakestanfill7  vs.  Infintio3010/Priestess USA 3 UP 

Villadeoro/Flocke2308  vs.  Iconian/Angelotti20  DRAW

FOURBALLS

Villadeoro/Flocke2308  vs.  Iconian/Ahudd  WORLD 1UP

Angeltotti20/Nickolijj  vs.  Coolswing/Shagar DRAW

Imcoola/Infinito3010  vs.  Lilrob/Claremoreblue

Dud_doodle/Craiger85  vs.  Villadeoro/Kam4122 USA 1UP

Coolswing/Priestess  vs.  Jakestanfill/Pricehcs  WORLD 2UP

BolloxinBruges/Werksux  vs.  JulioMoot/Geordieles  USA 3/2

Kam4122/Gladstonescrewer  vs.  Iconian/Werksux  USA 4/3

BolloxinBruges/Pricehcs  vs.  Priestess/Portsd WORLD 1UP

SINGLES

Villadeoro  vs.  Jakestanfill7  3/2

Cyl6  vs.  Shagar  3/2

Infinito3010  vs.  Ahudd 2/1

Lilrob  vs.  JulioMoot  4/3

Priestess  vs.  Claremoreblue  1UP

Werksux  vs.  Gladstonescrewer  DRAW

Portsd  vs.  Nickolijj  2/1

Craiger85  vs.  Kam4122  1UP

Geordieles  vs.  Pricehcs

Dud_doodle  vs.  Imcoola 1UP

Coolswing  vs.  BolloxinBruges

Angeltotti20  vs.  Flocke2308 2UP

GMT=BST=0   SPAIN/GERMANY=+1  EST=-5  CST=-6  MST=-7  PST=-8  AUS WEST= +8   AUS EAST= +10  AUS CENTRAL= +9:30

Teams

Due to the large amount of American players on this site, this Ryder Cup will again be World vs. U.S.A.

Captains

Like in the real Ryder Cup, each team will have a Captain. The difference is that, in our virtual Cup, the Captain is also one of the twelve players of the team. If you are elected Captain you don´t have to take part in the qualifying process, you automatically earn a place in the team.

If you want to be Captain you have to sign up by using the links at the bottom of this page.

You will have to try to convince the voters of why you deserve to be elected and you will also have to answer a few questions for an interview in “The Weekly Ryder”.

Captains will be required to choose the pairings for the fourballs and the alternate hole when the time comes. They are allowed to recruit players for the qualifying process and are also expected to raise team spirit. It is also their duty to choose the two Wild Cards.

Signups will be open until the 30th of April (the sooner you sign up the more time you will have for your electoral campaign). Elections will start on the 1st of May and finish on the 28thYou must post your May score before voting so that I know you are going to take part in the tournament. If you vote but don´t post a score, your vote will not be counted.

Wild cards

The nine qualifiers plus the Captain add up to ten players, which means we are still missing two players per team. Just like the real Ryder, the Captains choose two player to complete their team. The two wild cards must be chosen from the pool of players who took part in the qualifying.  

NEW! Awards

In an effort to keep interest at its highest level, this year I have included a couple of new sections. One of them is the Ryder Cup awards, which you can win with good performances in your Cup matches. There are various awards to be won:

- Player of the tournament. Based on your stats during the tournament, but the final decision is taken by the Awards Committee. The winner gets a trophy plus 200 credits.

- Newbie of the tournament. The best player of the ones who didn´t take part last year wins a trophy plus 100 credits. Decided by the Awards Committee.

- Best International player. Also voted by the Awards Committee, the best International player gets a trophy.

- Best U.S.A. player. A trophy for the best American player of the tournament.

- Most holes in one. Aces are now more valuable than ever, because the person who gets the most during Ryder Cup matches will get a trophy plus 100 credits.

-Winning Captain. The person who leads the team to victory receives a trophy, and will “come on stage” during the Awards Ceremony to collect the 2010 Ryder Cup!

All awards will be given at the end of the tournament, in a ceremony which will take place at the IRC chat room.

IRC Commentary

When the Ryder Cup starts, you will be able to follow live commentary of some of the matches. In the meantime, the place that will be used for commentary is a chat room where you can talk to WGT members. Click HERE to go to the chat room.

NEW! THE WEEKLY RYDER

Click  HERE to go to the Ryder Cup newspaper, where you will find articles about the competition and interviews with players and Captains. I have decided to call it “The Weekly Ryder”, but that doesn´t mean it will be updated every week.

Ryder Cup stats Center

Click HERE to see last year´s stats. This section will be updated when the competition starts.

NEW! Ryder Cup Betting Center (Coming 14th September)

This year you will be able to win credits by betting on the Ryder Cup matches. More details in next week.

Format of play

There will be three different formats of play, just like the real Ryder Cup. Two of them will be exactly the same as in real life, and, one of them will not. Let’s start with the one that won’t.  

Alternate hole

This would usually be alternate shot in the real Ryder Cup, but we can’t do that in virtual life, so we have to settle for alternate hole.

Alternate hole will be played in pairs. The pairings will be decided by the Captains, who can take advice from the players as to who they would like to play with as a partner.

Basically, all four players (two from Team World and two from U.S.A.) play nine holes, but they take it in turns for their score to actually count.

Example: Padraig Harrington and Rory McIlroy vs. Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson.

Before the start of the game, all four players talk to each other and the players from Europe say: the first hole will be played by Harrington. U.S.A. say: the first hole will be played by Woods.

So they all play the hole, but the scores that actually count are Harrington’s and Tiger’s. So if McIlroy and Woods get a birdie and Mickelson and Harrington get par, the hole is won by U.S.A. because the scores that we were counting were Tiger’s and Harrington’s.

And the next hole goes the same way, only now the scores that count are McIlroy’s and Mickelson’s.

There will be eight alternate hole matches played, meaning that four players from each team will have to play twice. Alternate hole will take up the first ten days of the virtual Ryder Cup.

CONDITIONS: Front nine St Andrews 

Doubles match play

This will be normal doubles match play (nine holes). We play in pairs and the score that counts is the lowest of the pair.

Example: Harrington takes a 3, Mickelson and Woods both take a 4 and McIlroy takes 6. Even though, if you add up the scores, U.S.A. have taken less shots, Team World would win because the lowest score is Harrington’s.

There will be another eight matches of doubles, so, again, four players from each team will have to play twice. Doubles will take up another ten days of the virtual Ryder Cup.

CONDITIONS: Back nine St Andrews 

Individual match play

Just like the real Ryder Cup, the last part of the tournament will consist of 18 holes  of individual match play. One player from Team World against one from U.S.A. 

CONDITIONS: St Aandrews 18 holes match play

And, after all this, one of the two teams will be the champion of the virtual world!

Good luck to everybody and let me know if anything hasn’t been explained clearly or if I’ve missed out something.

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Sun, Apr 11 2010 4:56 AM

Well, this is it, I hope you like it. If you didn´t take part last year, have a good read of everything and please don´t hesitate to ask anything that comes to mind. If you did take part last year, take a look around at our new sections and the small changes I have made.

I already said this in the advertsing thread, but a reminder to everybody that this tournament is only for Masters.

• imcoola
    228 Posts
    Sun, Apr 11 2010 5:10 AM
    I like that trophy thing but what about a trophy also for the best player who also took part last year as there is a trophy for the best newbie. Just a suggestion is not necessary really looking forward to this tournament where I hope I can make it in the team once again. That's much work from you seve and it's very well done so I'd already now thank you for the tornament in advance as I know it will be great again. This year it's going to be very very close again and that was what I loved about last years Ryder Cup. Hopefully this year again the best team wins doesn't matter which. (although I would of course prefer to see the Internationals winning;))
  • tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Sun, Apr 11 2010 6:29 AM

This looks fantastic. I would really love to qualify for this. Good luck to everyone having a go.....

• ThunderBoltz
    740 Posts
    Sun, Apr 11 2010 6:45 AM

Sounds Fantastic!!

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Sun, Apr 11 2010 9:02 AM
    After only six hours, we already welcome our first two candidates per side! Goodwilly and Lilrob88 for U.S.A. and Geordieles and Bigdilba01 for Team World.
  • lilrob88
    870 Posts
    Sun, Apr 11 2010 12:56 PM

very nice layout seve

looking foward to it

• OaktheToke
    409 Posts
    Sun, Apr 11 2010 1:17 PM

So Seve, 

The only scores counted towards the qualifying are the ones from the free monthly 18-hole opens for May, June, July, and August as well as one other weekly 18 Hole Single play Tournament?  Thats 5 rounds total and qualifying would start May 1st, correct?

Sorry man, sometimes I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed and I just want to make sure I post scores from those tournaments since I don't play in all the free tournaments.

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Mon, Apr 12 2010 10:00 AM
    Absolutely correct :)
  • neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Mon, Apr 12 2010 10:59 AM

This looks awesome, man got to go practice 18 holes, so used to 9 holes, will have to hit the gym to get the legs going.

RSS