Forums

Help › Forums

Re: I'm a master playing in a pro tournament

rated by 0 users
Sun, Apr 18 2010 12:11 AM (7 replies)
  • UKCats
    165 Posts
    Thu, Apr 8 2010 6:45 PM

Why is this? I started the week as a pro and I posted something like -5 under to boost me to the master tier. I shot a -6 in the unlimited weekly tournament which would be 33rd in the master tournament but, is 40th in the pro tournament. I would like to get the extra credits that I would get from 33rd to 40th. I know its not much but, I would like them, if there is a difference.

• rehill
    431 Posts
    Thu, Apr 8 2010 7:34 PM

Umm, what tier were you when you played your first round of this weeks unlimited? If you were still a pro, then you stay matched up with pros for the remainder of this toureny. Hope that clears it up.

• b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2010 2:15 PM

Once you post a score in a tourney under a particular tier, you will continue to post scores for that tier regardless if you have moved to another one.   This will stop when that particular tourney is complete and going forward all scores will be against masters.  

Cheers

• Dethstrike
    1 Posts
    Fri, Apr 16 2010 12:29 PM

I'm experiencing quite the opposite problem.  I started the free multi-round tournament as an amateur, then between rounds leveled to pro.  Now when I go to start round 2, I'm limited to my amateur equipment, but I'm being forced to play in the Pro conditions, and from the Blue tees.  How am I expected to compete fairly that way?

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Sat, Apr 17 2010 12:07 PM

Hi Dethstrike,

You are correct in that it is the wrong behavior, you should still be able to compete in the Amateur tier despite gaining the promotion halfway between.  It should not be putting you on the Pro tees until you enter a tournament as a Pro.

Thanks for the bug report.  We'll need to look into that  and make sure that doesn't happen again.  I apologize for the inconvenience it causes this week.

• andypat
    453 Posts
    Sat, Apr 17 2010 11:35 PM

I'm having a similar problem, I started the week 16/9 bpb as amatuer have since moved up a tier and now all I get is that my clubs dont match the criteria even if I use standard clubs same thing happens is this a bug.

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Sat, Apr 17 2010 11:49 PM

Hi Andy,

I see that you have a PING Pro Wedge in your bag as well as GI-SD balls.  Both of those are Pro+ tier items and if either are in the bag when you attempt play that particular tournament you will receive that error.  Try equipping a non-pro wedge and some non-pro balls.  You should be able to resume playing the tournament after that.  You'll be able to use your new Pro gear for any events you enter from here on out.

• andypat
    453 Posts
    Sun, Apr 18 2010 12:11 AM

WGTniv:

Hi Andy,

I see that you have a PING Pro Wedge in your bag as well as GI-SD balls.  Both of those are Pro+ tier items and if either are in the bag when you attempt play that particular tournament you will receive that error.  Try equipping a non-pro wedge and some non-pro balls.  You should be able to resume playing the tournament after that.  You'll be able to use your new Pro gear for any events you enter from here on out.

oops forgot that one lol

RSS