Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Existing window prevents WGT

rated by 0 users
Sat, Apr 3 2010 2:05 PM (2 replies)
  • MashpotatoMarine
    1 Posts
    Sat, Apr 3 2010 12:22 PM

I'm sure this has been reported several times, but I didn't want to search the forums all day.

When selecting a friend's profile, a popup window opens to display the new content... or at least it tries.  If you have an existing IE window already open, that window and your WGT window lock up and stop responding.  Only after you crash the existing window, will the popup be allowed to open.  This also happens, I found, when you first login and choose Play Now.  I imagine it's anytime you get a popup and already have IE open.  It shouldn't be a IE setting since it's not an issue popping if you don't have that existing window open, or if you log into a game first.

Either way, the popup window should not be attempting to activate an existing window.

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Sat, Apr 3 2010 1:15 PM

Hi Mash,

I tried to duplicate your problem and was actually able to open multiple WGT windows with profiles, awards pop-ups and just about everything else you can think of using IE6.

What version of IE are you using and are you up to date with the latest Flash revision?

• borntobesting
    9,625 Posts
    Sat, Apr 3 2010 2:05 PM

MashpotatoMarine:

I'm sure this has been reported several times, but I didn't want to search the forums all day.

When selecting a friend's profile, a popup window opens to display the new content... or at least it tries.  If you have an existing IE window already open, that window and your WGT window lock up and stop responding.  Only after you crash the existing window, will the popup be allowed to open.  This also happens, I found, when you first login and choose Play Now.  I imagine it's anytime you get a popup and already have IE open.  It shouldn't be a IE setting since it's not an issue popping if you don't have that existing window open, or if you log into a game first.

Either way, the popup window should not be attempting to activate an existing window.

actually it most likely is a ie issue.Unless you have not disabled your popup blocker. Niv said it worked well with 1e6. All versions of ie after ie6 have had a lot of problems with stop responding. It got so bad for me that 
    I discontinued using ie and went to firefox and chrome.  Chrome works best for me.It runs much faster. I assume it is because Chrome is rather bareboned compared to IE but if speed and reliability are what you want and need then the lack of bells and whistles won't matter.

RSS