Forums

Help › Forums

Re: When you know you're game is garbage

Thu, Apr 8 2010 12:18 PM (4 replies)
  • OaktheToke
    409 Posts
    Fri, Apr 2 2010 3:51 PM

On the 17th hole during first round of the Shell Houston Open yesterday, Andrew McLardy's tee shot lands into a garbage bag positioned left of the cart path.  Off the driver face, 300 yards of carry, straight into the trash can, nothing but net. 

The best part is that he was given a free drop and he ended up saving par after he dug his ball out of the trash.

Maybe if WGT wants to add a few trash cans around the courses to cut down on the litter bugs, they may also introduce a Garbage Man award.

sod 10sho rnd1 17th tee mclardy.pgatour

• rehill
    431 Posts
    Fri, Apr 2 2010 7:49 PM

Wow-I've never seen anything like that! Amazing!

Lol @ Garbage Man Award.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sat, Apr 3 2010 7:56 AM

I actually saw that shot when he hit it... Had to hit rewind two or three times more than the folks on the GC because it was such an awesome shot.   "Nothin' but net!"

They had 5 people digging in that bag for his ball... Is that a perk?

I'd have bet even money that he'd go +1 from there...  Very nice recovery for par.

• TarheelsRule
    5,462 Posts
    Thu, Apr 8 2010 11:59 AM

I thought the best part was everyone digging through that garbage to help get his ball so he could identify it for the free drop.  Can you think of the crap in there.....yikes.

• OaktheToke
    409 Posts
    Thu, Apr 8 2010 12:18 PM

TarheelsRule:
    Can you think of the crap in there.....yikes.

Well, I probably would venture into the trash bag before I did a chimpanzee impression like the spectator did earlier this year for Phil at the Farmers Open in La Jolla.

That dude was up in a giant eucalyptus tree about 10 yards and trying to shake branches.  It really could have turned out badly if he slipped and fell.

RSS