Help › Forums

Re: No 7 at Kiawaw

rated by 0 users
Sun, Mar 28 2010 1:52 PM (8 replies)
  • GARJUS
    9 Posts
    Sun, Mar 28 2010 7:35 AM

Hi all,

At no 7 at Kiawaw par five. If on approach one happens to land in the mulch on the right side of the green there is no way to get out that I have found. You can strike the ball before or after the line. Nothing happens. Or change directions and still nothing happens. Ball doesn't move at all. One could say "Don't land there" and that I try to do. But if your unfortunate and do land there you just have to quit the round.

Thanks for your attention to this.

GARJUS

• imcoola
    228 Posts
    Sun, Mar 28 2010 9:08 AM
    there's a way it's called: Punch You can punch the ball out of the mulch
  • NormH3
    214 Posts
    Sun, Mar 28 2010 9:23 AM
    The punch shot is also good for getting out of the heavy fescue at Andrews. The best thing you could do for your game, is to play a practice round and hit into the nasty stuff. A great way to figure out what works for you.
  • SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sun, Mar 28 2010 9:29 AM

Although I avoid the mulch, the times I didn't, I found success with these rules: 1) use more club than you think you need. 2) choose punch mode. 3) use no less than 70% power. These steps will allow you to advance the ball free from the mulch and produce, usually, a bogey at worst.

The punch shot in general offers many benefits. As an example, on Andy's #1 with heavy tailwind I always hit a punch driver that goes sneaky long but always short of the water.

• SWoods
    62 Posts
    Sun, Mar 28 2010 10:21 AM

I have had success using full shot and full backspin with my 50 yard wedge. One needs to practice to see how much swing gives how much distance.

The full shot and full backspin using the 50 yard wedge and 75 yard wedge is my favorite option for a lot of troublesome lies.

• GARJUS
    9 Posts
    Sun, Mar 28 2010 11:55 AM

Thanks for the replies. I am reading about punch mode. I have no idea about this and how to change to punch mode. Sounds like a good tool. I will look at my tutorials and see if I can find out more about the games options and tools. I don't want to ask for you all to give me lessons in this forum but if you can tell me where to find more info. about the games tools and options that would be great. I've just been hitting since I have been playing. It sounds like I am missing out on some things.

Thanks for your tips,

GARJUS

• GARJUS
    9 Posts
    Sun, Mar 28 2010 12:26 PM

I just saw the video on shot options. I had no idea that was available.

Thank you very much,

GARJUS

• TarheelsRule
    5,471 Posts
    Sun, Mar 28 2010 1:00 PM
    I have only been in there a few times but I have found the punch shot works out of the mulch at Kiawah and well out of the fescue at St. Andrews.
  • borntobesting
    9,625 Posts
    Sun, Mar 28 2010 1:52 PM

The punch shot also works very well as a chip from the 30/40 % rough around the greens at BPB and Kiawah Island.

RSS