Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Replay bug with a "shared shot"

rated by 0 users
Wed, Mar 24 2010 1:35 PM (4 replies)
  • Matafact
    17 Posts
    Wed, Mar 24 2010 12:57 PM

In Dec., I made an ace in a challenge at Pinehurst, shows perfectly on my profile, but upon sharing it, the "shared" replay shows shot going by hole and not going in the cup. Very odd, and of course, I "shared" it with ladder site to add to replays by members, and they are all going "Ace? The shot didn't fall, what are you talking about?"

Very odd is all, why would it show perfectly on my WGT profile, but after "sharing", the shot doesn't fall? Must be a glitch of some kind, but thanx for making me look like an idiot, don't need any help in that category for most part usually, lol...

Mat-

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Wed, Mar 24 2010 1:15 PM

Interesting.  Thanks for the report.

*edit* Ok, basically each replay is derived from a certain string of alphanumeric characters that we'll call a "replay code".  That is what stores the variables so the shot can be reproduced at will.  Somehow, part of that replay code is being changed when you are sharing the replay (I was able to confirm this myself) so you're not seeing the exact re-creation of your shot.  We'll look into what's causing this and see what can be done.

• Matafact
    17 Posts
    Wed, Mar 24 2010 1:27 PM

Well, my initial thought was  that I made ACE as a Pro, and have since made Master so maybe that was what caused strange replay. But I also had a Hole in One as a Pro on X-Mas day, and it shows replay perfectly on "sharing", so I am at a loss at to why it does that with the ACE. If you look at my profile, shows both shots with Rapture Irons, and one is perfect, other misses cup is all.

Since making Master, I have moved on to other equipment, so thought maybe this could also be the reason it showed weird, but  apparently this is not the case. Just strange is all... Is it an issue with replays from Pinehurst maybe? Anybody had this come up this way before?

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Wed, Mar 24 2010 1:29 PM

Ok, I looked into this and basically each saved replay is derived from a certain string of alphanumeric characters that we'll call a "replay code".  That is what stores the variables so the shot can be reproduced at will.  Somehow, part of that replay code is being changed when you are sharing the replay (I was able to confirm this myself) so what you're seeing is not the exact re-creation of your shot (due to the different replay code).  We'll look into what's causing this and see what can be done.  This should be fixable, so I'd recommend not deleting your replay for now.

• Matafact
    17 Posts
    Wed, Mar 24 2010 1:35 PM

Thanx WGTniv, not a HUGE deal, and no worries, I have only made 1 ACE in a Tourney Challenge, so wasn't deleting it anytime soon for sure. Told my many detractors, go log in and look at replay off my profile, it does go in the hole there, lol.

RSS