Forums

Help › Forums

Re: no st. Andrews tournament this week

rated by 0 users
Tue, Mar 23 2010 5:16 AM (7 replies)
  • borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Mon, Mar 22 2010 9:21 AM

I was a little disappointed that there is no St.Andrews tournament this week. The march Multi round featured St.Andrews but that was already in progress. And there are SA ready-go's but I don't play in ready-go's very much. Hopefully there won't be many weeks when SA isn't offered in at least one of the free tournaments.

• WGTadmin
    1,166 Posts
    Mon, Mar 22 2010 1:19 PM

We try to rotate the tournament offerings for variety's sake, and SA will be included in those rotations and treated like any other 9-holes available for stroke play.

• BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Mon, Mar 22 2010 1:34 PM

Perhaps there could be a bias towards St andrews?   Most members have played the other 9's a zillion times and enjoy st andrews more.   Just look at the ready go entries,  St andrews starts FAR more often than any other one. 

Having the weekly unlimited there every other week until we get a new course would certainly be welcomed by me, and I have a feeling many others.

• OaktheToke
    409 Posts
    Mon, Mar 22 2010 1:45 PM

BolloxInBruges:
    Having the weekly unlimited there every other week until we get a new course would certainly be welcomed by me, and I have a feeling many others.

I would think mostly by those whose state laws don't allow them to participate in RGs or those who can't quite score low enough to compete.

The heavy wind setting is nice and it allows people to compete in a ranked round that isn't under optimal conditions.

• WGTadmin
    1,166 Posts
    Mon, Mar 22 2010 1:47 PM

Thanks for the feedback, guys. We'll try to feature St Andrews more often in the weekly tournaments.

• jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Mon, Mar 22 2010 3:01 PM

Yeah this is a BIG bummer for sure considering this is the newest course.

Not too mention that the weekly single play 9 hole AND 18 hole are the SAME course, BPB.   Of course one of those should have been Andy's and then all courses would have been available for play in the free tourneys.

I do see how with the rotation being random Andy's can be left out because currently it is only a 9 hole course, until it goes 18 it would be nice to have it as either the weekly 9 single or unlimited play to keep it around as an option every week.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Mar 22 2010 4:17 PM

LOL-Everybody got a taste of easy and now it's back to real.

• Fuzzygazz
    1,469 Posts
    Tue, Mar 23 2010 5:16 AM

Born im sure St Andrews  will be used in this Tourney.    GL and hope you can play. 

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/10052.aspx  

Gazz

RSS